Date(s) - Sat, 07/07/2012
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Kids Water Fair:
- Winnequah Lagoon Water Walk for Young Families: 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Led by Grandmother Josephine Mandamin!
- Storytelling, Music & Animal Frolics Tai-Chi at the Gazebo: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm & 2:00pm – 4:00pm
With: Ken Lonnquist, Gerri Gurman, Andy Nath, Mark Croft, Karen Wendt & more..
- Paddle the Lagoon
- Fishing 101 for kids at the Winnequah Pond
- Interactive, fun + educational water games
- 10:30am: Grandmother Josephine Mandamin
- 11:15am: William Waterway Marks
- 12:00pm: Michael Mucha : Madison Municipal Sewerage District
- 12:30pm: Dianné Aldrich : Lake Monona Water Walk Coordinator
- 01:00pm: Supervisor Patrick Mile : Dane County Lakes & Watershed Commissioner
- 01:30pm: Sean Gere : Gere Tree Care
- 01:50pm: Matthew Miller : Sandpiper Institute
- 02:10pm: Kate Heiber-Cobb : Madison Permaculture Guild – Grassroots and DIY Healing of the Waters With Permaculture
- 02:30pm: Jon Lindert, P.E., LEED AP : Project Manager at Strand Associates, Inc
- 03:00pm: Community Open Mic : 3 – 5 minutes, sign up day of event
- Exhibitors: 4Pillars4Health EcoSpace, Sun-Mar Composting Toilets, ASSE, A Wing & A Prayer, The Boat House, City of Madison Rain Garden, City of Monona – Sustainability Committee, Clean Lakes Alliance, Dane County Lakes and Watershed, EnAct, Friends of Hudson Park, Friends of Olin Turville, Friends of Monona Bay, Friends of Starkweather Creek, H2O Score, Islamic Environmental Group, Josephine Mandamin, Madison Rafah Sister City Project (MRSCP), Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District, Rock River Coalition with Carry Creek, Sandpiper Institute, Serene Spaces by Sheli, Sierra Club, The Natural Step Monona, Sustainable Atwood, USGS Science, William Waterway Marks, Winnequah Park Visioning Project, Wisconsin Network for Peace and Justice, Madison for the Penokees, WISPERG, Aldo Leopold Nature Center, Amnesty International Local Group 139, Bur Oak Design, City of Monona: Landmarks and Planning, Wisconsin Interfaith Power & Light, Machu Picchu Healing Arts, Unity Green Team, Madison Area Permaculture Guild, Monona City Library
- Water Art: Andre Ferrella with community and youth artists
- Science Fair: hands on water exhibits for the whole family
History & Landmarks:
- Winnequah Park Lagoon as Lake Monona; learn and explore mini tour
Inclement Weather: Winnequah park activities will be moved into the Monona Community Center & Monona Public Library.
This event is FREE and open to the public. Please consider volunteering and making a tax-deductible donation to support operating expenses. Thank you for your support!